I woke up this morning to a beautiful, finally snow covered landscape! The temperatures have been hovering in the low 20’s all week, with no snow to show for it. Although cold, it has been a good week, and today I am thankful for…
1. Long weekends. I spent 4 days in Richmond with my brother and his family last weekend, which was just delightful. Logan is getting so big, and is constantly changing, as babies tend to do. It was a blessing to be able to go down for several days in a row and spend time with them!
2. Mason District Park. The park is snuggled right up next to where we live, and getting to it is similar to entering Narnia. You are just walking along in a typical subdivision, when you suddenly find yourself in an oasis of trees, walking paths and brooks. I love walking the long loop around the park, and yesterday decided to brave going outside, even in the 19 degree cold. It was quite lovely though, and I enjoyed the sunshine.
3. A snow-free car. Dad got up early and cleaned all the snow off my car before I left for work today, which was so thoughtful and encouraging, and helped me not be late for work. I am thankful for him and for a clean car!
4. Delayed mornings. Speaking of snow, it caused a 2 hour delay at the school where Little E’s dad works, which meant I didn’t have to be to work until 9, instead of the usual 7:30. I was extra thankful for the delay today, as it allowed me to get some extra sleep after a night of wakefulness.
5. Sunshine. I found out last week that my vitamin D levels are way lower than they should be, which has been the root cause of my exhaustion and weariness over the past few weeks. So, in addition to taking vitamins, I was also instructed by my doctor to get 15 minutes of direct sunlight a day to help boost my vitamin D naturally. Thankfully the weather has been cooperating, and I have been able to spend some time basking in the sun each day.