Welcome to a new year on the blog! I had a wonderful break from blogging over the holidays while the family was all in town, but I look forward to seeing what the days of 2013 will hold and sharing them with you on here as we continue the adventure. 2012 was a big year full of change and transition as I left my job, moved back to the east coast and welcomed my first nephew to the world! As the new year begins there is already much for which to be thankful…
1. A new year. I love the beginning of a new year; the sense of a fresh start and anticipation at what the Lord is going to do in my life in the coming twelve months.
2. Family and the holidays. There were 10 of us all together in my parent’s house for Christmas this year, including my grandparents from Arizona, and with the addition of Logan it was such a sweet and special celebration. And for the first time since 2003, I didn’t leave right after Christmas to go to a conference. It was different not being with 2,000+ college students on the 31st, but good at the same time.
3. Heated seats. My mom’s new car, or Land Yacht, as I call it, is fabulous, and I love that the back seats heat up just like the front. It’s the small things in life.
4. Lightroom Photo editing software. I got the newest version of Lightroom with some of my gift money from Christmas, and it is so fun learning how to use it. Like my camera, I still have a long way to go, but the amount of changes and improvements you can make to photos are wonderful.
5. Blog tutorials. As I am learning how to use my camera and the software, it is great to find so many helpful blog posts that share tricks and tips that it would have taken me forever to figure out on my own.