Thankful today for….
1. One year without headaches! Today is the anniversary of my eye surgery, and I am thankful that my implant is still intact (there is a 20% chance that your body will reject it and push it out…)! I am thankful too for the chance today to reflect and remember all that the Lord has done in the past 12 months. He has brought healing both spiritually and physically, and thinking about the painful things helps me realize what a joy my life is now!
2. The Monon Trail, and daylight lasting until 9pm so I could go for a long walk this evening.
3. Getting to spend a couple hours with my dear friend Jessica today, who is a medical missionary in a far off land. She is a treasure, and I love time spent with her! Thankful that we were both in Indy at the same time, and were able to connect for a delicious lunch.
4. Huddles Frozen Yogurt. So. Delicious. Especially when eaten for dinner.
5. A spur-of-the-moment hangout with Miss Kayla Gray on Wednesday. Like Jessica, I love any time spent with her! Getting to do life with Kayla is so fun and life-giving to me, and I am thankful for the past 2 years of getting to know her and build into her life.
3 thoughts on “Thankful Thursday: May 17th”
You’re lucky my mom didn’t see this blog. If she knew that people were eating frozen yogurt for dinner, there would be hell to pay.
My dad always told me that Life is uncertain…so eat dessert first. It’s a mantra that is said quite often in our house…an adventure of sorts…kind of like going to Narnia. 😉
Looks like we were both thankfull today 🙂