I feel like all I have time to blog right now is these Thursday posts…more coming soon though! There are so many things in my mind that I want to write about…when life slows down a little.
For now, thankful for these 5 things:
1. Girl’s night. We had separate mens/women’s times for small group on Tuesday, and even though I love our whole group, it was refreshing to have some time with just the girls. We were able to go deep talking about heart change vs. behavior modification, and the root issues of the surface things we struggle with (one of the topics I am planning on writing more about soon!). So challenging and encouraging to share together and pray for one another.
2. Summertime is coming! The maintenance guys at my apartment complex took the cover off the pool this week and started the process of cleaning it out and refilling it in preparation for opening weekend coming up on Memorial Day. I wish they would open it early with the 80 degree days we’ve been having, but 3 more weeks won’t kill me. 😉
3. The sky. I love the sky so much!
4. God’s mercy in revealing our sin in little bits that we can handle. If we saw all of it at once, we would be crushed under the sheer weight of it. How kind that he gives us small glimpses of where He is working in the process of making us more into His image. It’s a long road Home, but a good one.
5. Good quotes. In light of the above topic, I love this quote from Lilo and Stitch: “it’s small and broken, but still good.”