As this week comes closer to an end, I am thankful today for these 5 things:
1. Sunshine in the midst of rainy days. So good for my soul and general outlook on life. I love how quickly the presence of the sun can lift a gloomy mood and put a smile on my face. And I love watching the same thing happen to those around me when it breaks through!
2. Having fun at work! We got some new TV’s for childcare to replace our old ones (hooray!), and we want to make sure they all work before we put them in storage until the fall. So, this afternoon is team bonding/movie time for the conference team.
3. Vaccines. Although they are quite pricey, I am thankful that I am now protected from Typhoid, Malaria and Yellow Fever for my upcoming trip to Benin!
4. Getting a hotel for IKW (finalllllllllyyyyyyyy!!!!!). I’ve been working on this since last summer. Last. Summer. The hotel we are going to is not our first choice, but we are thankful that they have both sleeping rooms AND meeting space on the weekend we would like to have the conference. Apparently we picked the same weekend that everyone and their mom planned their event in Indianapolis as well. So glad we serve a God who provides above and beyond what we can imagine!
5. The unstoppable, never-gives up or fails, everlasting and complete love of Jesus.