Day 7 ended up being quite the adventure. Including, but not limited to, getting some work done in the morning, an attempt to hang out with a friend, thwarted quickly by Winston cutting off in the middle of the street 4 times in a few short minutes, getting towed to West Ashley and finding out that once again it is going to cost an arm and a leg to get it fixed (awesomesauce….very thankful for my savings account right now), it not being ready until tomorrow, missing a second hangout with a friend, and then it all culminating in a lovely walk through Charleston to meet a friend for dinner.
Amy is that friend – she was my discipler my sophomore-senior year at the College, and a great friendship grew out of that. We have stayed in touch over the years, and each time I come to Charleston one of the greatest highlights is my time spent with her. She is a constant encouragement, source of wisdom and so, so fun! I love getting to hang out with her and just do life together. We always go to great local restaurants, and tonight we enjoyed Basil, my all-time fave Thai spot (in C-town, at least). So refreshing after a crazy day, and I am very thankful for her friendship!
Just remembered that today is Thursday too! Much to be thankful for….
1. No accidents when Winston kept shutting down in the middle of Meeting Street today, and that I was able to get it to the side of the road without any problems. Also thankful for AAA. We’ll put them in this one.
2. The internet – makes my job sooo much easier, especially when traveling
3. This opportunity to connect with so many friends and ministry partners!
4. Friends having timeshare condos that we can use for free on Edisto Beach. 🙂 Yay Bull St. girls reunion this weekend!!!
5. The Valley of Vision book of Puritan Prayers. Such a rich addition to any time spent in the presence of Jesus!