26: Lessons Learned

For my birthday weekend I thought it would be fun to share a few lists (since I love lists so much): 26 things I have learned, 26 goals for the future, and 26 ways God has been faithful to me thus far.

So, without further ado, please enjoy…

Emily’s 26 Life Lessons Learned (so far):

1. Life very rarely turns out how you think it will when you are 10, (or 20)

2. There are few problems that cannot be solved with a good dose of Dark Chocolate

3. God knows what He is doing, so I don’t need to keep asking Him for a road map

4. Sometimes it is better not to ask what is on the plate you’ve just been given…just eat it and ask the Lord to keep it down

5. There will always be so much more to learn

6. Memorizing scripture is never a waste of time, and you just might be surprised how the Lord will use it in your life in the future

7. The old adage “You get what you pay for” really is true 95% of the time; the other 5% you’re just lucky

8. There are times when the most spiritual thing you can do is take a nap

9. Math will always be hard

10. Perfection will never be achieved, so I should really just stop expecting to get there

11. Attitude often reflects and/or affects your experience

12. Life is supposed to be an adventure. Enjoy it.

13. There is an ever increasing lack of things to watch on television, but there is always another good book to read

14. Knowing all the answers doesn’t make you intelligent, just annoying

15. It’s not wrong, it’s just different. Unless it is wrong.

16. To truly appreciate the sky, go to Africa

17. Winter happens for a reason

18. There are few greater joys than cuddling with a newborn baby

19. God is still good when He says “No” or “Wait”; it is up to us how we respond

20. Not everyone is given the gift of leadership – some people were created to follow

21. There is no place like home

22. Sometimes the greatest lessons are only learned through the deepest pain

23. Conflict is a good thing (aka: It’s ok to disagree)

24. You will never regret time spent with people you love

25. Always be willing to try something new

26. Life is uncertain, so eat dessert first! (thanks dad, for teaching this one by example!!) 😉

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s