I realized once again that yesterday was Thursday and I forgot to post my list….this time I am blaming it on the Vicodin.
Day 3 was successful – I incorporated real food into my diet and stayed awake much more than I slept (thank you, NCIS:LA!! :)) Bath time got pushed until this morning, and it felt soooooo good to get clean! As expected it completely wore me out, and I promptly laid down and napped for about an hour afterwards. The meds are helping somewhat, but the large plastic conformer holding everything in place is driving me crazy. Much of my time is spent laying on the couch with my eyes closed, just to keep my eye from moving and irritating it. I keep thinking that it feels like I have some large, foreign object in my eye, and then I have to remind myself that I do.
In the midst of discomfort though, there is still much to be thankful for this week:
1. Successful surgery and continued confirmation that this was the right decision and the perfect timing
2. My parents being here this week to help
4. Rest and time to heal and get well
5. All of my dear friends who have stopped by for a visit, called, texted, emailed, mailed cards, facebooked, etc. I have been so encouraged and feel deeply loved by everyone.
6. Being able to laugh in the midst of the pain
7. My patio and the lake where I can be entertained by the ducks and geese diving for food and sticking their butts in the air. Haha. It is so fun and funny to watch them! Mom took a video today. Maybe we’ll upload it later.
All in all things are going well. I’ve been up for a while though, and need to lay down for a bit. Keep your prayers coming! Love you all and so thankful for you today.